Sarajevo Enjoys New Shopping Experience
The first modern retail complex to be built in Sarajevo since the end of the Bosnian War. Alta is situated in the heart of Sarajevo’s Central Business District and presents 6 Levels of retail shopping that includes a lower level Market and two subterranean parking levels.
The contemporary glass facades on multiple frontages offers tenants and cafes to open onto the main entry square and main thoroughfare across from Bosnia’s Parliament Building. On the upper floors and rooftop restaurants afford views of the picturesque valley beyond. The exterior façades features complex intertwining wall planes that symbolizes the Bosnian knot of joining the old shopping district at one side with the new growth in the opposite direction. The interior floors are arranged around a dramatic open galleria that offers open views of multiple floors of shops and cafes. One-way escalator systems at each end of the galleria provide ease in circulating up multiple floors and experiencing the mall like an art gallery.
- 24,000 SF of retail space on 6 levels
- Full-size market, fitness club, and running track
- Rooftop restaurants terraces and cafes
- 2 levels of underground parking
- Services also included preparing Architectural Tenant Design Guidelines
- Complex coordination of MEP systems and lighting concepts